The third Sports Business Indaba 2013 (Autumn Edition) will be taking place at the V&A Waterfront in Cape Town on 23-24 May 2013. Since its inception, the Indaba has now become SA’s premier thought leadership platform for discussing and debating Grassroots Sports Development.
Programme & Outline: Day One: Thursday 23 May 2013: (12h00-18h00)
- Theme: Building Sustainable Community Sports’ Development Programmes and Partnering Sports Associations to Enhance Sports Development in your Area:
- Soccer: Workshop Presentation by SAFA’s new Development Agency: Robin Peterson CEO, SAFA Development Agency will present partnership opportunities on how to establish Centre’s of Excellence in your Municipality / Community.
- Rugby: Workshop Presentation by SARU’s GM Development, Mervin Green will share with delegates on how municipalities and other stakeholders can become partners in the 52 Rugby Development Centre’s, which will be established across the country.
- Cricket: Workshop Presentation by CSA’s General Manager Cricket, Corrie Van Zyl and Transformation / Senior Cricket Manager, Max Jordaan will share with delegates on CSA’s plans to expand its development programmes in local communities and engage with municipalities and stakeholders as potential partners.
- Sports Development Programmes: Workshop Presentation by Ethekwini Municipality: Key Principles of Effective Implementation: How to Develop a 5-Year Master Plan for Sports Development in your area. Highly Recommended!
Day Two: Friday 24 May 2013: Panel Discussions: (08H30-16H00)
- Lotto Funding Proposals: Presentation by Marjorie Letoaba, Programme Manager – Grant Funding, National Lotteries Board: How to Apply for Funding under the Lotto
- Making Sponsorship Work: How to design Sponsorship Proposals for Sports Development
- Corporate Governance in Sport. From Constitution to the Field. Implementing Governance
- Making Community Sports Sustainable: Forging Effective Partnerships between Provincial Sports Departments, Municipalities, Federations & Commercial Entities.
- Managing Grass Roots Sports Development: Identifying the Challenges & Solutions.
- Coaching for Success: How to include Higher Performance in Development Programmes.
- Sports Sponsorship: What Sponsors Want. Panel Discussion with Leading Brands.
- The Future of Sport: Making a Strong Business Proposition for all Stakeholders.
- Social Media, Connecting with the Masses: Social Media Supporting Sports Development.
- The Role of Commercial Agencies: What’s their Role & How to use their Services.
For further details contact: Gerrit Davids Organised by Gerom Media in association with Taranis Co Advisory
Tel. 011-‐026-‐4891 Fax: 086 698 7882
Cell. 082 496 16572
St.Georges Road, Bedfordview, Johannesburg 2007 / P.O. Box 752927 Gardenview, South Africa 2047
E-‐mail: info@sports-‐business.co.za /email@example.com website: www.sportsbusiness.co.za