We all have heard the term going green but what does going green means is it limited to planting trees the answer is no it is much more than that. Going green means changing your lifestyle completely. We can incorporate small changes and create sustainable environment where everyone can breathe non toxic air. For example It is estimated that you can save gallon of water if you turn off your tap while brushing teeth or lathering your hands. You can install solar panels to generate electricity and conserve non renewable resources from depletion, recycling of waste material, stop using plastic liquid bottles alternatively buy wonderful water flask, which is long durable and or you can use stainless steel water bottles as the water remains pure, whereas in plastic bottles the substances cause reaction transforming the quality of water with nasty chemicals.
Create a garden in your house for growing vegetables which will be free from effects of insecticides and pesticides, carpool is viable alternative with people going to same place, many green nutritious foods are available in market to save you from diseases like green drink reduces bad cholesterol levels as well as act as a detoxifier process for the digestive system, green tea will do wonders for all those people who are overweight etc. It is a myth that going green is expensive but the fact remains that going green is making money. In nutshell, what is going green is not a complicated or irrational decision. It is responsibility of every citizen and small things do matter.
Top 10 Environmental Issues
We, hereby present you list of top ten environmental issues although the list isn’t comprehensive in itself, yet list provides overview of environmental problems or some of pressing environmental concerns that may endanger our society. Prominent environmental issues are elucidated below for your ready reference
- Climate Change- Climate change is a most precarious issue. With the melting polar ice caps to catastrophic weather have threatened ecosystems. Scientists agree that humans are inducing global warming in atmosphere by production of greenhouse gases (mainly stemming from co2 and methane).
- Global Warming- In recent decade a brand new threat for the health in our planet has emerged: global warming. There are lots of causes of global warming. Sharp increases are seen in global warming which has been linked to human behavior, specifically CO2 emissions. Deforestation is main cause of global warming.
- Overdevelopment- Due to rapid urbanization the number of vehicles are augmenting. Pollution is linked to big vehicles like cars etc have increased air pollution and has played a major role in imparting global warming.
- Acid Rain- Acid rain could be a problematic environmental issue. The pollutants mix with the rain and acidic level rise that ultimately results in acid rain. It affects life in water as well as on land even trees are also harmed by this.
- Smog- Smog is a kind of air pollution that accumulates from the lower atmosphere over cities and towns also it emanates from vehicle exhaust pipes, factories and especially where a great deal of coal is burned. Smog is really a major medical condition in the majority of large cities. Ground-level ozone, Sulphur dioxide, nitrogen dioxide and carbon monoxide are specifically detrimental to all those affected by lung and heart diseases. It is a well-known fact that people with conditions asthma, emphysema and bronchitis have ill-effects of smog. Smog also causes eye and nose irritation and inhibits the body’s defense mechanism and thereby enhancing the risk of illness.
- Salinity- Salt resides in many forms in natural environment-calcium, magnesium, carbonate, sodium chloride, bicarbonate, and sulphate. Groundwater is employed for human consumption together with agricultural and industrial applications becomes saline, which makes it unusable. It also result in decline in wildlife biodiversity also Salt damages houses, pipelines, railways, buildings, roads, and water supply systems.
- Coral Bleaching- Coral bleaching occurs due to stress in water. This stress is the type of higher water temperatures, increased solar radiation, ocean acidification, plus a decrease in food. Coral is major backbone of sea hence damaging it may affect our environment.
- Land Management- Land Management is cropping issue. From desertification to polar ice melting to erosion and deforestation, existing land management choices are not serving the entire world or its inhabitants adequately. And theirs is no land left that is not governed by light or noise pollution.
- Endangered Species- The fantastic news is that some species have made a comeback. Unhealthy news is the fact that host of additional species is actually under threat, including indicator species and evolutionarily unique species.
- Pure Water- Pure Water is in short supply. Our global reserves of drinkable water certainly are a fraction of 1% and 1 in 5 humans don’t get potable (safe) water. Most people don’t understand that strife has now broken out in some stressed regions. There are many potential solutions, some promising, others challenging. All we need to do is conserve our free resources well otherwise it will get depleted. All these environmental issues are affecting our society. These top ten environmental issues are of really great concern hence needs to be addressed properly.