DIET TIPS – GOOD ONES!
This month seems to be the month for diets and diet tips and healthy eating, so in line with that, here are some tips which you may find handy. Try them and see if they help. If they do let us know!
- Drink plenty of water and other kilojoule free beverages – we know that water is important in a diet, but sometimes people confuse thirst with hunger. So before you get a snack, have a glass of water.
- Be choosy about night time snacks – mindless eating often occurs after dinner, and sitting in front of the TV doesn’t help, so make sure you shut down the kitchen, or if you have to snack, then get out a healthy option and put it somewhere handy.
- You can still have your favourite food – instead of buying a box of cookies, buy one or two
- Several meals a day – things has been said many times before. Have several small meals daily, it keeps the metabolism going and keeps away cravings
- Eat protein at ever meal – protein is a good to make you feel fuller for longer. Go for some leaner meats, or skinless chicken
- Spice it up – add some spices to your food, especially the hotter ones. They stimulate taste buds to be more satisfying, so you end up eating less
- Order children portions – now this is a contentious issue. Personally I will not go to the Spur and do that, but if you serious, there’s no reason not to.
- Swap a cup of pasta for a cup of veggies – less kilojoules, less centimetres
- Always eat breakfast – enough said!
- Include fibre in your diet – fibre aids with constipation, digestion, cholesterol, many things, it is important
- Lose the weight slowly – it didn’t take you two days to put on weight, so don’t expect to lose it in two days. gradual weight loss is healthier.
- Get enough sleep – body needs to regenerate, and get all the hormones working properly
- Eat more fruits and veggie – good for those “several meals” mentioned in 4. above
- Limit your alcohol – for those who drink, this is important. It is extra kilojoules. If you want some wine, make it a spritzer.
- Celebrate success – as you lose the weight, rewards yourself. It will encourage you to continue.